Owning solar panels is a big investment, and solar panel maintenance is necessary to ensure your long-term benefits. Here are a few tips for solar panel maintenance and solar panel cleaning.
Tips for Maintenance of Solar Panels:
- Keep solar panels out of shade as energy production becomes inefficient when they are kept from absorbing any sunlight.
- Keep an eye on the solar panels and make sure the inverters are flashing green lights. If they are not flashing, you are losing money by no longer compensating for your electricity use.
- Document the day-to-day performance to improve solar panel maintenance. It is important to write down how much energy has been produced at a consistent time every day and make special note of dates where it is very cloudy. Some of the results will be inconsistent. (Your manufacturer would be able to provide you with the best monitoring system for your solar panels.
- Monitoring systems help you see how much you are benefiting the environment and how much CO2 you are emitting into the atmosphere. They can also help you know how much you could benefit from the feed-in tariff scheme.
- You can also see information about your solar panels servicing on a wall-mounted display when you are at home.
- If you have no time in cleaning solar panels, you can install automated cleaners that work like sprinkler systems or even schedule appointments with solar panel cleaning companies.
Luckily, because solar panels have no moving parts that could be affected by rust or break down, solar power maintenance may not be needed.
Please call CDS today on 01323 734162 if you feel your Solar PV system is not performing as expected or is in need of a service.