This coming week; from Monday 9th November until Sunday 15th November it is 'Electrical Fire Safety Week'. A nationwide campaign that was devised by the Fire Rescue Service to help raise awareness of one of the biggest causes of accidental house fires in the country.
Electrical appliances have become a staple of the modern home and year on year we are adding more and more electrical devices leading to a multitude of potential threats, with one of the main culprits being socket overloading.
Homes and businesses when first built were wired to suit the needs of electrical appliances at the time. However, as our lives have evolved and changed we now have more electrical devices than ever before but yet still the same amount of available plug sockets.
In addition to overloaded sockets, another culprit of house fires is of course faulty electrical goods. Damaged or badly configured electrics can lead to potentially fatal electric shocks and of course fires.
We are here to help give you piece of mind when you have all your devices on charge, so for a free no obligation quote and some advice please give us a call on 01323 734162 or drop us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fire Rescue Service have put out some safety advice on their website and covers the following;
- Don't overload plug sockets
- Regularly check for frayed or worn cables and wires
- Unplug appliances when not in use
- Keep electrical appliances clean and in good working order
- Check for British or European safety mark
- Always check that you use the right fuse to prevent overloading.
- Get Out, Stay Out, Call 999